Be part of the solution. Apply for a great job at a great company that makes a difference!
6810 Irvington Blvd., Houston, TX
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Local Recycling Company looking for a Mechanic to join our Maintenance Team. The successful candidate will have experience with hand tools, welding/fabricating, basic electrical troubleshooting, and have the ability to learn quickly. Experience working on forklifts, skid steer and wheel loaders would be helpful. The position will offer competitive hourly pay, paid vacation, health insurance and training. We are a fast growing company that can offer a long term opportunity for the right candidate.
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
A Commercial Driver is responsible for safely operating a bale truck and forklift, and providing prompt, courteous and complete recycling bale removal services for customers who reside on a designated route. In addition, a driver is responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle is in compliance with the Company’s safety standards prior to operating the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the vehicle, and completes vehicle inspection reports on a daily basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a timely manner.
• Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
• Safely operate his or her heavy truck along his or her designated route and to the recycling plant; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
• Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load material.
• Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely manner.
• Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time.
• Complete required route/productivity sheets, vehicle inspection reports and other reports, as required.
• Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
• Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
• Actively participate in the Company’s employee observation program.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Two years of prior experience driving heavy commercial trucks.
• Experience in a customer-facing position.
• Class B Commercial Driver’s License.
• Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s license with air brakes endorsement
• Must meet all qualifications as defined under Department of Transportation regulation 49 CFR 391.41, as verified by a current Motor Vehicle Registration/driver abstract.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Sned your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operations Supervisor MRF
Exempt Status/ Exempt
The Operations Supervisor in our Material Recycling Facility (MRF) and is responsible for supervising the recycling and other post-collection activities in a MRF. The Operations Supervisor oversees a team of dispatchers, operations clerks, drivers, sorters, helpers and other equipment operators, who are responsible for the efficient operation of the MRF. The Operations Supervisor works with the Operations Manager to implement tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement. The Operations Supervisor ensures adherence to all accident prevention programs and leads operations to ensure compliance with all safety, environmental, operating, regulatory, accounting, ethics and other standards. Responsibilities include the execution and delivery of Safety, Customer Experience, and Efficiency while supporting a culture of employee engagement.
• Understand and provider leadership to achieve and communicate about safety goals and objectives.
• Work to remove unsafe conditions or situations from the MRF and all related recycling post-collection activities.
• Partner with the maintenance department to ensure all equipment remains in working order and in compliance with safety standards.
• Oversee effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable actions are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all employees; implement and maintain and effective loss control and safety program.
• Engage assigned employees in active participation to instill a culture of safety by demonstration of a personal commitment to safe operations and active personal outreach to operational employees.
• Provide service to all customers that meets or exceeds customer expectations with regard to the entire customer experience.
• Resolve unusual service requests, equipment breakdowns and schedule changes with timely communications to all stakeholders.
• Interact with customers to solve and rectify any issues and improve the overall customer experience.
• Serve as a positive representative of the Company to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty to the Company.
• Establish productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating standards; and manage labor hours and disposal expenses per established and agreed plans.
• Execute other operational plans to help achieve or exceed the division’s budgeted goals.
• Understand, support and execute service delivery while actively supporting maintenance and the operational role in fleet quality and maintenance.
• Create a collaborative, communicative team environment and drive employee engagement with the Company.
• Build and develop talent on the team, understand employees’ career goals and provide coaching to get employees ready for advancement with the Company.
• Perform other job related duties as needed or assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 1 year of lead or supervisory experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
• Previous experience in the recycling industry.
• Experience in labor relations.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Able to direct large staff.
• Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
• Is collaborative; builds and works with teams.
• Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
• Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
• Has strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent, with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance teams.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com